← 前のページ
ページ 77 / 142
次のページ →
翻刻
御人数引払迄之義ハ拙者御差図申候様蒙
仰罷在御人数一同ニ引取不申候而ハ 公辺へ之
申上方も無之候間宗谷へ被致上陸候ハ丶拙者
も致上陸彼地ニ被居候内ハ拙者も可罷在候
乍然宗谷ニ者御用も無之候間早く致出府
当所之次第及言上候ハ丶来年御手当之
為ニも可然哉と存候間直走之義得心被致
拙者主意も達候様致度乍然遺念有之
様ニ而ハ不宜候間御所存之義ハ無御遠慮可被
仰聞候是迄采女殿以来無覆蔵御談事相
整候処帰帆一件之儀計不全候而ハ残念ニ候間
何分厚了簡被致候様致度旨返々被申
聞候旨申出引続同十六日表立被達候者
兼而之覚悟ニハ来月十日過迄も可罷在差
詰候而も来月五日六日頃ゟ詰候義ハ決而
致間敷所存二候処船手之者共当十三四日
頃より風待之儀願出候へ共右之所故一切
不取上差置候へハ正吉丸船頭願出候而十七日
より風待被仰付度右日並ゟ難被仰付候ハ丶
此後者無難ニ渡海難相成候間御暇被下度
現代語訳
人数を引き払うまでのことは、拙者が御差図申し上げるよう仰せつかっており、人数一同が揃って引き取らなければ、公儀への申し上げようもありませんので、宗谷へ上陸なさるならば、拙者も上陸し、彼の地にご滞在の間は拙者も留まります。しかしながら宗谷には御用もありませんので、早く出府し、当所の状況を言上すれば、来年の御手当のためにもよろしいかと存じますので、直走りの件についてご承諾いただき、拙者の主意も達せられるようにしたいと思います。しかしながら、遺念(心残り)があるようでは宜しくありませんので、御所存のことはご遠慮なくお申し聞かせください。これまで采女殿以来、包み隠さず御相談のことが整っておりましたのに、帰帆の一件だけが円満に解決しないのでは残念ですので、どうかよくよくご了簡くださるようにとの旨を、繰り返し申し聞かせたとのことであります。引き続いて同十六日に表立って申し達した者が、かねてよりの覚悟としては、来月十日過ぎまでも滞在し差し詰まっても、来月五日・六日頃から詰める(強く迫る)ことは決してしない所存でありましたが、船手の者どもが当十三・四日頃より風待ちのことを願い出ましたが、右の理由により一切取り上げないで差し置いたところ、正吉丸の船頭が願い出て、十七日より風待ちを仰せつけていただきたい、もし右の日並みより仰せつけいただけなければ、この後は無事に渡海することが難しくなりますので、お暇をくださるよう願いたいとのことでありました。
英語訳
I have been ordered to oversee the withdrawal of personnel, and since we cannot report to the shogunate unless all the personnel withdraw together, if you proceed to land at Sōya, I will also go ashore and remain there as long as you stay in that place. However, since there is no official business at Sōya, I believe it would be better for next year's preparations if we return to the capital quickly and report on the situation here. Therefore, I would like you to consent to the direct sailing plan so that my intentions may be fulfilled. Nevertheless, it would not be good if you have any lingering dissatisfaction, so please feel free to express your thoughts without reservation. Up until now, since the time of Uneme-dono, we have discussed matters without concealment and things have proceeded smoothly, so it would be a shame if only the matter of the return voyage were left unresolved. He repeatedly urged that we think the matter over carefully. Following this, on the 16th of the same month, the person who formally came forward stated that, while he had originally intended to remain past the 10th of next month and endure the pressure, he had resolved not to press the matter forcefully from around the 5th or 6th of next month. However, when the sailors had been requesting permission to wait for favorable winds since around the 13th and 14th of this month and had been entirely ignored, the captain of the Shōkichimaru came forward with a petition, requesting that they be granted permission to wait for favorable winds starting from the 17th. He stated that if this permission were not granted from said date onward, it would become impossible to make a safe crossing thereafter, and therefore requested leave to depart.