東京学芸大学「学びと遊びの歴史」を翻刻!

コレクション: 学校教材発掘プロジェクト 5 江戸名所図会

江戸名所図会 20巻 巻之13 - 翻刻

江戸名所図会 20巻 巻之13 - ページ 53

ページ: 53

翻刻

【右丁】  ざれともこゝに登(のぼ)るときは眼界(げんかい)蒼茫(さうばう)として実(じつ)に《振り仮名:駿河|するが| 冨士  》《振り仮名:伊豆|いづ| 天城  》《振り仮名:相模|さがみ箱根| 雨降  》  《振り仮名:甲斐|かひ|多波山 》《振り仮名:信濃|しなの| 浅間  》《振り仮名:上野|かうつけ| 吾嬬  》《振り仮名:下野|しもつけ| 日光  》《振り仮名:常陸|ひたち| 筑波  》等(とう)の八国の遠嶂(ゑんしやう)を一望(いちばう)に覧(み)る故(ゆゑ)に  此名(このな)あり 久米川(くめかは) 久米川村(くめかはむら)の西(にし)回田村(めぐりたむら)清水村(しみづむら)等(とう)の地(ち)より発(はつ)して二条(にでう)の小流(しやうりう)野口(のくち)  村(むら)徳蔵寺(とくさうじ)の裏(うら)の方にて落会(おちあ)ひ粂川村(くめかはむら)を流(なが)る故(ゆゑ)に久米川(くめかは)と号(なつ)く  又 二瀬川(ふたせ  )と号(なつ)くるものも入間郡(いるまのこほり)粂村(くめむら)秋津村(あきつむら)等(とう)の地(ち)より発(はつ)して  多麻(たま)入間(いるま)の郡境(こほりさかひ)を流(ながれ)粂川村(くめかはむら)にて落合(おちあひ)《割書:夫(それ)より一里斗(   ばかり)末(すゑ)に至(いた)りて川巾(かははゞ)漸(やうや)く|広(ひろ)く石川(いしかは)となる久米川(くめかは)より上(かみ)は谷(たに)》  《割書:川(かは)にて川巾(  はゞ)わづかに|四五間(    けん)に過(すぎ)ず》共(とも)に引又(ひきまた)新座(にゐくら)の辺(あたり)を経(へ)て末(すゑ)は荒川(あらかは)に会流(くわいりう)す正慶(しやうけい)享(きやう)  徳(とく)の昔(むかし)武蔵野合戦(むさしのかつせん)の時(とき)多磨川(たまかは)及(およ)び入間川(いるまかは)粂川(くめかは)等(とう)に陣営(ぢんえい)を儲(まうけ)#1  たりしか曠野(あれの)にして水(みづ)に乏(とも)しきが故(ゆゑ)にかく水辺(すゐへん)にたよりし事しるべし  又云(またいふ)《振り仮名:堀兼の井|ほりかね  ゐ 》抔(など)よべるも古(いにしへ)水(みづ)に乏(とも)しかりしありさま思(おも)ひやるべし  《割書:回国雑記 くめ〳〵川といふ所(ところ)はべり里(さと)の家(いへ)〳〵には井(ゐ)などもはべらて|     たゞ此川を汲(くみ)て朝夕(あしたいふべ)もちひはへるとなんまうしければ》    里人のくめ〳〵川とゆふくれになりなは水は氷もそする(とそせめイ   )  《割書:道興| 准后》 【左丁】 大竜山(たいりうさん)永源禅寺(えいげんぜんじ) 粂村(くめむら)にあり八国山より北(きた)の方(かた)小川(をかは)の流(ながれ)を隔(へだ)てゝ  五丁斗(   ばかり)にあり曹洞派(さうとうは)の禅林(ぜんりん)にして竜谷(たつがや)竜隠寺(りうおんじ)に属(ぞく)す《割書:昔(むかし)は鎌倉(かまくら)建長(けんちやう)|寺(じ)に属(ぞく)す》  天文年間(てんぶんねんかん)大石氏(おほいしうぢ)開創(かいさう)する所(ところ)の精舎(しやうじや)にして開基(かいき)大石氏(おほいしうぢ)法名(はふみやう)を  英嵓衜俊大居士(ゑいがんだうしゆんたいこし)と号(がうす)《割書:安松の長源寺(ちやうげんじ)に衜俊(だうしゆん)を|道春(だうしゆん)に作(つく)るは誤(あやまり)なるべし》開山(かいさん)は一種長純禅師(いつしゆちやうとんぜんし)#2  と号(がうす)《割書:北条氏照(ほうでううぢてる)の舎弟(しやてい)なりと云(いふ)|永禄(えいろく)八年二月廿七日 示寂(じしやく)す》本尊(ほんそん)釈尊(しやくそん)は二尺ばかりの座像(ざざう)にして  行基大士(ぎやうきたいし)の作(さく)なりといふ  当寺開基大石氏霊牌(たうじかいきおほいしうぢれいはい)《割書:牌面(はいめん)右(みぎ)に透岳宗関大居士(しうがくそうくわんたいこし)中に英嵓衜俊大居士(ゑいがんたうしゆんたいこし)左(ひだり)に|直山道守菴司(ちよくさんたうしゆあんし)とありて三人の法名(はふみやう)を注(ちゆう)したり道守(たうしゆ)は》  《割書:当寺(たうじ)鐘(かね)の銘(めい)に挙(あげ)たる大石遠江入道(おほいしとほ〳〵みにふだう)が|事なり長源寺(ちやうげんじ)の条下(でうか)と合(あは)せみるべし》  洪鐘(こうしやう)《割書:当寺(たうじ)の住持(ぢゆうぢ)雪巖和尚(せつがんおしやう)|土中(とちゆう)より穿出(うがちいだ)せりといふ》   武州入東郡久米郷 大竜山永源禅寺   住持雪心叟融立 本願檀那大石遠江入道   直山道守   応永廿九秊《割書:壬|丑》九月初吉日  《割書:按(あんする)に文明(ぶんめい)の頃(ころ)大石駿河入道(おほいしするかにふだう)二宮の城(しろ)に住(ぢゆう)し天文(てんぶん)の頃(ころ)上杉家(うへすぎけ)の老臣(らうしん)大石源左衛門尉(おほいしげんさゑもんのぜう)|定重(さだしげ)戸倉(とくら)の城(しろ)に住(ぢゆう)し又 其父(そのちゝ)定文(さだふみ)《割書:一書定文を|定久とす》滝山(たきやま)の城(しろ)にありしなり然(しか)るに此(この)定文(さだふみ)後(のち)》

現代語訳

## 【右丁】 …とはいえ、ここ(八国山)に登れば眼界は広々と蒼茫として、実に**駿河**の富士・**伊豆**の天城・**相模**の箱根・雨降(大山)・**甲斐**の多波山・**信濃**の浅間・**上野**の吾妻・**下野**の日光・**常陸**の筑波など、八か国の遠くの山々を一望できることから、この名(八国山)がある。 --- ### 久米川(くめかわ) 久米川村の西、回田村・清水村などの地から発して二条の小流が野口村・徳蔵寺の裏手のあたりで合流し、久米川村を流れることから、久米川と称する。 また、**二瀬川**と称するものも、入間郡久米村・秋津村などの地から発して、多摩・入間の郡境を流れ、久米川村にて合流する。〔それより一里ほど下流になると川幅がしだいに広くなって石川となる。久米川より上流は谷川であって川幅はわずかに四、五間(約7〜9メートル)に過ぎない。〕ともに引又・新座あたりを経て、末は荒川に合流する。正慶・享徳の昔、武蔵野合戦の時、多摩川・入間川・久米川などに陣営を設けたのは、広野で水に乏しかったため、かくのごとく水辺に依ったことが知れる。 また、**堀兼の井**などと呼ばれるものも、古来水に乏しかった様子を思いやるべきである。 〔『回国雑記』に曰く:「久米々々川という所がございます。里の家々には井戸なども無くて、ただこの川を汲んで朝夕の用に充てている、と申し上げましたので」〕 > 里人の くめ々々川と ゆふくれに なりなは水は 氷もぞする  ――道興准后 --- ## 【左丁】 ### 大竜山永源禅寺(たいりゅうざんえいげんぜんじ) 久米村にある。八国山より北の方、小川の流れを隔てて五丁ほどのところにある。曹洞派の禅林であって、竜谷(竜隠寺)に属す。〔昔は鎌倉建長寺に属した。〕 天文年間(1532〜1555年)に大石氏が開創した精舎であって、開基は大石氏、法名を**英巌道俊大居士**という。〔安松の長源寺では「道俊」を「道春」に作るのは誤りであろう。〕開山は**一種長純禅師**という。〔北条氏照の舎弟であると伝わる。永禄八年(1565年)二月二十七日に示寂。〕本尊の釈尊は二尺ほどの座像であって、行基大士の作といわれる。 --- **当寺開基・大石氏の霊牌について:** 〔牌面の右に「透岳宗関大居士」、中に「英巌道俊大居士」、左に「直山道守菴司」とあり、三人の法名が記されている。道守は当寺の鐘の銘に挙げられた大石遠江入道のことである。長源寺の条下と合わせて見るべきである。〕 --- **洪鐘(梵鐘)** 〔当寺の住持・雪巌和尚が土中より掘り出したという。〕 > 武州入東郡久米郷 大竜山永源禅寺 > 住持 雪心叟融立 本願檀那 大石遠江入道 > 直山道守 > 応永二十九年〔壬子〕九月吉日(初吉日) --- 〔考察するに、文明(1469〜1487年)の頃、大石駿河入道が二宮の城に住し、天文(1532〜1555年)の頃、上杉家の老臣・大石源左衛門尉定重が戸倉の城に住し、また其の父・定文〔一書には定文を定久とする〕が滝山の城にいた。しかるにこの定文は後に……〕

英語訳

## [Right Page] …Yet when one climbs to the top of this mountain (Hakkokusan), the field of vision opens up vast and boundless, and indeed one can take in at a single glance the distant peaks of eight provinces: **Mount Fuji** in Suruga, **Mount Amagi** in Izu, **Mount Hakone** and **Aburifuri (Ōyama)** in Sagami, **Mount Taba** in Kai, **Mount Asama** in Shinano, **Mount Azuma** in Kōzuke, **Mount Nikkō** in Shimotsuke, and **Mount Tsukuba** in Hitachi — and it is for this reason that the mountain bears the name "Eight-Province Mountain" (Hakkokusan). --- ### Kumegawa (久米川) Rising from the land to the west of Kumegawa Village — from Megurida Village, Shimizu Village, and other places — two small streams converge behind Tokuzōji Temple in Noguchi Village, then flow through Kumegawa Village; and it is for this reason that the river is called Kumegawa. There is also what is called the **Futase-gawa**: it rises in Kume Village, Akitsu Village, and other places in Iruma District, flows along the district border between Tama and Iruma, and joins the main stream at Kumegawa Village. [From that confluence, about one *ri* (approx. 4 km) downstream, the riverbed gradually widens and becomes the Ishikawa. Above Kumegawa, the river is a narrow valley stream, barely four or five *ken* (approx. 7–9 m) wide.] Both streams then pass through the vicinity of Hikimata and Niikura, and ultimately join the Arakawa River. During the battles of Musashino in the eras of Shōkei and Kyōtoku, encampments were set up along the Tamagawa, the Irumagawa, and the Kumegawa — demonstrating that, because the open wilderness was so poor in water, troops necessarily relied upon these riverbanks. The place called **Horikane-no-i (the "Hard-to-Dig Well")** is also a reminder of how scarce water was in ancient times — one should bear this in mind. [From *Kaikoku Zakki* ("Miscellaneous Notes from Traveling the Provinces"): "There is a place called the Kume-kume River. The houses in the village have no wells, and the people draw from this river alone for their morning and evening needs, I was told."] > *Satobito no, kume-kume-gawa to yūkure ni, nari-naha mizu wa, kōri mo zo suru* > (The villagers name it "Kume-kume River"; as evening falls, the water grows so cold it nearly turns to ice.) > — Dōkō Jungō (道興准后) --- ## [Left Page] ### Tairyūzan Eigen Zenji (大竜山永源禅寺) **Eigen Zen Temple of the Great Dragon Mountain** Located in Kume Village. It lies about five *chō* (approx. 540 m) to the north of Hakkokusan, across a small stream. It is a Zen temple of the Sōtō sect, affiliated with Tatsugaya Ryūon-ji. [In former times it was affiliated with Kenchō-ji in Kamakura.] It is a temple founded by the Ōishi clan during the Tenbun era (1532–1555). The founding patron (*kaiki*) was a member of the Ōishi family, whose posthumous Buddhist name was **Eigen Dōshun Daikoji** (英巌道俊大居士). [The version at Chōgen-ji in Yasumatsu that writes "Dōshun" as "Dōshun 道春" is likely an error.] The founding abbot (*kaisan*) was called **Isshu Chōton Zenji**. [He is said to have been a younger brother of Hōjō Ujiteru. He passed away on the 27th day of the 2nd month of Eiroku 8 (1565).] The principal image of worship is a seated statue of Śākyamuni, approximately two *shaku* (approx. 60 cm) in height, said to be the work of the Great Bodhisattva Gyōki. --- **Memorial tablet of the temple's founding patron, the Ōishi clan:** [On the right face of the tablet: "Tōgaku Sōkan Daikoji"; in the center: "Eigen Dōshun Daikoji"; on the left: "Chokuzan Dōshu Anshi" — three posthumous Buddhist names are inscribed. "Dōshu" refers to Ōishi Tōtōmi Nyūdō, whose name appears in the temple bell inscription. This should be read in conjunction with the entry on Chōgen-ji.] --- **The Temple Bell** [It is said that the resident abbot Setsugan Oshō excavated it from the ground.] > Musashi Province, Nyūtō District, Kume Township — Tairyūzan Eigen Zenji > Resident Abbot: Sesshinsō Yūryū Patron Donor: Ōishi Tōtōmi Nyūdō > Chokuzan Dōshu > Ōei 29th year [*Mizunoe-Ne*], 9th month, auspicious first day --- [Upon investigation: Around the Bunmei era (1469–1487), Ōishi Suruga Nyūdō resided in the castle of Ninomiya; during the Tenbun era (1532–1555), Ōishi Genzaemon-no-jō Sadashige, a senior retainer of the Uesugi clan, resided in Tokura Castle; and his father Sadafumi [one source gives "Sadahisa" instead of "Sadafumi"] was in Takiyama Castle. This Sadafumi later…]